Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Style Stamps DT Project!!

This is my second design team project featuring My Style Stamps. :)


I created corner bookmarks, using Crate Paper's "Random" paper collection (LOVE that denim, it's just perfect), for my mom and mother-in-law for Thanksgiving. To add a little more to this project, I featured the coloring in two different ways. The first I used Prismacolor pencils on their own. I blended my colors by finding two that were close (I only have the package of twenty-four so I had to work at this a little bit). Then I just kept adding color until I achieved the look I was going for.



On the second one, I used Prismacolors pencils and Gamsol (or odorless mineral spirits, OMS). This technique is sometimes called "Gamsol Magic". To achieve this effect, I dipped my blending stump into my OMS and then blended my colors using small circles. I could then go back and add more color if I wanted to, repeating the process.



Thanks for looking! Hope this finds you happy and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thank you so much for your lovely comments!